eRemit is a secure global money transfer service offered by Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd, a licensed money services business provider (money transfers).
Who is eligible to use for the eRemit service?
• Any individual who is 18 years and above
• Posses a valid photo identification documents - ID (Passport for a foreigner and MyKad for a Malaysian Citizen).
• Access to Malaysian internet banking account.
• Must have active Malaysia registered mobile number (Verification code will be sent to your mobile number for registration)
How do I use eRemit service?
Visit www.eremit.com.my, click on the Register button on the home page, and complete the Registration Form.
Please visit our nearest branch to submit your identification documents for verification. ( NRIC/Driving License for Malaysians Citizens or Passport / Visa for Non-Malaysians Citizens)
• SEND MONEY
Log on to the eRemit website & create a Recipient/Beneficiary profile, enter your banking information and you are ready to transact.
Why do I need to submit Identification documents i.e. NRIC and Passport?
Identification Document (ID) is necessary to comply with Bank Negara Malaysia’s (BNM) licence requirement that all customers must be physically identified face to face (KYC) at the point of registration.
Are there any additional charges imposed on the recipient for the eRemit service?
No charges will be imposed on the Recipient.
What is the exchange rate?
The exchange rate will be the displayed rate at the point of your confirmation of transaction. You can view the current exchange rates on the main page of our website www.eremit.com.my .
What are the available modes of payment?
• Direct Bank Account Credit .
• Cash Pick up.
• Mobile Wallet (Alipay)
How much can I send?
You may transact a maximum of 15 transactions within the last 30 days but your total transactions value per day must not exceed RM50,000/- .
In the event your total transaction(s) value exceeds RM20,000 per day (inclusive of service charge and GST), you will be contacted by our customer care department to submit supporting documents to facilitate the transaction.
Note: FPX maximum limit per transaction is RM 30,000 subject to the daily internet banking limit set by your banks.
Can I amend a transaction?
Amendments can only be done if the transaction has not been paid or credited into the Recipients account. Kindly contact our Customer Care consultants immediately for any amendments request.
Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd shall not be responsible for any payout to the wrong person or entity arising from any erroneous data input by the Sender.
Can I cancel a transaction?
Cancellation can only be done if the transaction has not been paid or credited into the Recipients account. Kindly contact our Customer Care consultants immediately for any cancellation request.
Do I have to enter the Recipient's details everytime I transfer money?
eRemit captures and retains particulars of your Recipients. However, you can make changes to recipient's particulars, prior to authorising payment.
How do I check the status of my transaction/s?
You may login to our eRemit website to check the status of your transaction (Please click on the "History and Status" tab on the main page).
Can I change my personal details?
Yes, you may do so by logging on to the eRemit system (Please click on the "View Profile" tab on the main page).
How do I change my password?
You can do so by clicking the "Click Here To Reset Password" link at the bottom of the Member Login page.
What payment methods does eRemit support for my remittance request?
You can make your payment through:
• FPX (Financial Process Exchange) is a payment gateway that allows you to make real time online payments using your current or savings account. All you need is an Internet banking account with any of FPX participating banks.
• Merchantrade Money VISA Prepaid Card (hereinafter “Card”) is an electronic money (e-money) payment instrument with multi-currency wallet that contains monetary value that is paid in advance by the Cardholder to enable payments for purchases, which carries the VISA payment features and issued by Merchantrade Asia Sdn. Bhd.
• Debit Card Payment - Enjoy the convenience of sending money home using your Debit card via eRemit. This is an easy option to access funds for your money transfer if you do not have an online banking account.
Do I get a receipt for my transactions?
Yes. For every successful transaction, you will be issued a Merchantrade official receipt.
How can I contact the Customer Care consultants?
Tel: 1300 888 606
Merchantrade's eRemit Department,
Suite 712, Level 7, Lobby 3 Block A, Damansara Intan, No 1, Jalan SS20/27, 47400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
9.00 AM - 6.00 PM
(We're open all days including Public Holidays)
Call Us! We are here for you 24x7 including public holiday. Our team will be pleased to assist you.